From George Datskos <george.dats...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: Mapper Record Spillage
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 02:02:32 GMT
Actually if you set {io.sort.mb} to 2048, your map tasks will always
fail.  The maximum {io.sort.mb} is hard-coded to 2047.  Which means if
you think you've set 2048 and your tasks aren't failing, then you
probably haven't actually changed io.sort.mb.  Double-check what
configuration settings the Jobtracker actually saw by looking at

$ hadoop fs -cat hdfs://<JOB_OUTPUT_DIR>/_logs/history/*.xml | grep
io.sort.mb

George