From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Query Regarding design MR job for Billing
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 04:33:59 GMT

From: Marcos Ortiz [mailto:mlortiz@uci.cu]
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:40 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Stuti Awasthi
Subject: Re: Query Regarding design MR job for Billing

Well, first, you can design 6 MR jobs:
1- for 5 mins interval
2- for 1 hour
3- for 1 day
4- for 1 month
5- for 1 year
6- and a last for any interval

If you say that for each interval, you have to do a different calculation; this way could
be a solution (at least I think that).
You can read the "design patterns" for MapReduce algorithms proposed by Jimmy Lin and Chris
Dyer on his "Data-Intensive Text Processing with MapReduce" book.

Regards

On 02/27/2012 05:39 AM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:
> No. The data will be either of 5 mins interval, or 1 hour interval or 1 day interval
and so on ....
> So suppose utilization is for 40 days then I will charge 30 days according to months
billing and remaining 10 days as days billing job.

inverval, day interval, month interval, year interval. Every type of interval will be having
different type of calculation for billing so basically different jobs for every type of interval.

>> Suppose I have a data file which contain minute interval timestamp. I have a scenario
that if data is present for hours , then it should be processed by hourly job and remaining
will be processed by minutejob.

>> Example :
>>
>> 2/10/12 6:40 AM<data for billing>
>> 2/10/12 6:40 AM<data for billing>
>> .
>> 2/10/12 6:45 AM<data for billing>
>> 2/10/12 6:45 AM<data for billing>
>> .
>> .
>> 2/10/12 7:40 AM<data for billing>
>> 2/10/12 7:40 AM<data for billing>
>> .
>> .
>> 2/10/12 7:45 AM<data for billing>
>> 2/10/12 7:45 AM<data for billing>
>> .
>>
>> Now I want data between 2/10/12 6:40 AM to 2/10/12 7:40 AM is processed by Hourjob
and 2/10/12 7:45 AM is processed by MinuteJob.
>> Please suggest how to design my MR to achieve this.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Stuti
>>
>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>> -
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
>> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
>> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
>> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for
viruses and defect.

>> -

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
  Senior Software Engineer (UCI)
  http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
  Twitter: @marcosluis2186

Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE
EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com