From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Query Regarding design MR job for Billing
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 07:31:54 GMT
Hi all,

I have to implement BillingEngine using MR jobs. My usecase is like this:
I will be having data files of format <TimeStamp> <Information for Billing>.
Now these datafiles will be containing timestamp either at minute interval, hour inverval,
day interval, month interval, year interval. Every type of interval will be having different
type of calculation for billing so basically different jobs for every type of interval.

Suppose I have a data file which contain minute interval timestamp. I have a scenario that
if data is present for hours , then it should be processed by hourly job and remaining will
be processed by minutejob.

Example :

2/10/12 6:40 AM <data for billing>
2/10/12 6:40 AM <data for billing>
.
2/10/12 6:45 AM <data for billing>
2/10/12 6:45 AM <data for billing>
.
.
2/10/12 7:40 AM <data for billing>
2/10/12 7:40 AM <data for billing>
.
.
2/10/12 7:45 AM <data for billing>
2/10/12 7:45 AM <data for billing>
.

Now I want data between 2/10/12 6:40 AM to 2/10/12 7:40 AM is processed by Hourjob and 2/10/12
7:45 AM is processed by MinuteJob.
Please suggest how to design my MR to achieve this.

Thanks
Stuti

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.