From Jie Li <ji...@cs.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Issues while building hadoop trunk
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2012 01:30:42 GMT
I got this error before. I solved as below:

1:  check if the current proto buf is 2.4.1, if not, uninstall it and
install the  2.4.1 version

2:  "error while loading shared libraries: libprotobuf.so.7: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"
This is a known issue for Linux, and is caused by a stale cache of
libraries. Run ldconfig and try again.

Jie