From Rohit Kelkar <rohitkel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: controlling where a map task runs?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 07:34:44 GMT
You could try NLineInputFormat. If N = 1 then the number of mappers
would be equal to the number of lines in your file. Now if the number
of mappers required is greater than max number of mappers that can be
run on a node then I think that the remaining mappers would get
scheduled on the other nodes in the clusters without obeying the data
locality. Of course N=1 is an extreme case, you could try changing the
value of N based on the number of lines in your input file.

- Rohit Kelkar