From Bejoy Ks <bejoy.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Identify splits processed by each mapper
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:16:18 GMT
Hi Experts
      A quick question. I have quite a few map reduce jobs running on my
cluster. One job's input itself has a large number of files, I'd like to
know which split was processed by each map task without doing any custom
logging (for successful, falied & killed tasks) . I tried digging into the
job tracker web UI but I just got a pointer as input split location which
specifies the nodes in which it is located, but what I'm looking for is the
file name  and which split of that file.

Where can I find this information ?
Is it available or can I make it available in in jobdetails.jsp?
Do I need to enable some configuration parameter to display the same?
Is it possible only by custom logging and don't hadoop framework provide
the same?

Thank You

Regards
Bejoy.KS