From Marek Miglinski <mmiglin...@seven.com>
Subject Capacity Scheduler problem
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:34:03 GMT
Hello guys,

1. I have concern with my 3 node cluster, I run capacity scheduler with 4 queues and one has
30% of cluster resources, the problem is that when I schedule a job, all tasks are assigned
to one single node which takes all of it's mappers and works quite slow. Are there any settings
for mapred/capacity scheduler to assign mappers on all nodes by even number of tasks?

2. I've set my capacity-scheduler.xml settings "mapred.capacity-scheduler.queue.job1.capacity"
for all queues as wanted but jobtracker doesn't reallocate resources from free queues if only
one is working, why?

Thanks,
Marek M.