From Eyal Golan <egola...@gmail.com>
Subject External libraries usage
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 00:10:07 GMT
Hello,
Another newbie question.
Suppose I want to use an external library (jar) in the mapper / reducer
classes.
(commons-lang, google's guava, etc.)
In our environment, I added the jars into a specific folder and added them
to HADOOP-CLASSPATH.
However, when running mapper that uses one of the jars, it could not find
the classes in that jar.

I thought that it might be in our environment (I am not managing our
cluster).

Then I read about DistributedCache.
Should I use it with methods such as addArchiveToClassPath,
addFileToClassPath, addCachArchive to use jar libraries?
If so, which method is more appropriate ?

If not, how do we load jar libraries to each VM?

Thanks,

Eyal Golan
egolan74@gmail.com

Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74
Skype: egolan74

P  Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary