From Amar Kamat <ama...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Creating a custom trace file using Rumen
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 08:04:14 GMT
Arun,

> Is there any way to create a new trace file from job history logs with custom set of
split locations ?
Rumen doesn't support this. You have to manually edit the trace file.

> Is there any way to generate trace with extra fields ?
Rumen is a tool which converts Hadoop MapReduce logs into a standard format. The Rumen trace
and the jobhistory files are identical in some sense (information content wise).

It would be helpful to understand your usecases first.

Amar

On 11/25/11 8:11 PM, "arun k" <arunk786@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys !

I was trying to use Rumen to generate trace files.  I have few queries :

Q1> Is there any way to create a new trace file from job history logs with
custom set of split locations ?

Q2> Can we create new trace files from existing trace files with new values
for the attributes like preferred locations ?

Q3> How can i add new attributes / fields (which are not in job history
logs) to the job or the tasks in the trace ? (or)

  Is there any way to generate trace with extra fields ?

Can anyone help me in this regard ?

Thanks,
Arun