From Praveen Sripati <praveensrip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.22 Release and Security
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:37:03 GMT
Joey,

1) if(!conf.get(HADOOP_SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION).equals("kerberos"))
      throw new RuntimeException("Cannot start secure datanode in unsecure
cluster");

Then what is this code in
o.a.h.hdfs.server.datanode.SecureDataNodeStarter.java about?

2) If Kerberos is not supported, then how to authenticate the user? Is
authenticating the use at the cluster gateway the only way? Once the user
is in the cluster, if I am not wrong the user can pretend as any user.

Praveen