From Bejoy Ks <bejoy.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map Reduce Phase questions:
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 15:13:12 GMT
Ann
       Adding on to the responses, The map outputs are transferred to
corresponding reducer over http and no through TCP.
Definitely the available hardware definitely decides on the max num of
tasks that a node can handle, it  depends on number of cores, available
physical memory etc. But that is not the only deciding factor, there are
other factors like
- for what all purposes you cluster is used for
- If you use Hbase in your cluster you have to consider the hardware you
need to allocate for the same
- memory requirements for the generic jobs on your cluster etc

Regards
Bejoy.K.S