From Bejoy Ks <bejoy.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Are the values available in job.xml the actual values used for job
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 06:44:16 GMT
Hi experts
             I have a query with the job.xml file in map reduce.I set some
value in mapred-site.xml and *marked as final*, say
mapred.num.reduce.tasks=15. When I submit my job I explicitly specified the
number of reducers as -D mapred.num.reduce.tasks=4. Now as expected my my
job should run with 15 reducers as I marked this value as final in my
config file. Now what would be the value that would be available for
mapred.num.reduce.tasks *in job.xml*,  15 or 4 ?

Thank you

Regards
Bejoy.K.S