From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Running Distributed shell in hadoop0.23
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:53:25 GMT
The shell script is invoked within the context of a container launched by the NodeManager.
If you are creating a directory using a relative path, it will be created relative of the
container's working directory and cleaned up when the container completes.

If you really want to see some output, one option could be to have your script create some
data on hdfs or echo output to stdout which will be captured in the container logs.  The stdout/stderr
logs generated by your script should be available wherever you have configured the node-manager's
log dirs to point to.

-- Hitesh