From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: how does Hadoop Yarn support different programming models?
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:07:12 GMT
Yep!

Take a look at the link Mahadev sent on how to get your application to work inside YARN.

> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html

Arun

On Dec 26, 2011, at 7:45 PM, Bing Jiang wrote:

> Thanks, Praveen and mahadev. I get it .
>
> I have  developed a distributed real-time computing system,  but  the system does not
 do much work on cluster resource management.
> So  I want to get help from Yarn framework to do these things. Do you think it is natural
for Yarn to do another run-time system's resource management?
> Any suggestion or your view will be ok.
> Thanks!
>
> Bing
>
> 2011/12/27 Praveen Sripati <praveensripati@gmail.com>
> Bing,
>
> FYI ... here are some applications ported to YARN.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredByYarn
>
> Praveen
>
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Mahadev Konar <mahadev@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Hi Bing,
>  These links should give you more info:
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> thanks
> mahadev
>
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Bing Jiang <jiangbinglover@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know Hadoop Yarn can support MapReduce job well, but I have not found DAG model task.
Can you give me some demonstration I missed  out , and  point out how to build my own programming
models in the Hadoop Yarn.