From arun k <arunk...@gmail.com>
Subject How is task scheduling done in Mumak ?
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 07:06:33 GMT
Hi !

I want to understand how tasks are assigned to a taskracker/node in mumak
then change it .

For that i see that in SimulatorJobTracker.java @ Line 432 assignTasks()
method is important
L432:  List<Task> tasks = taskScheduler.assignTasks(taskTracker);

I see that 'taskScheduler' is an object of TaskScheduler class and a final
field in JobTracker class but in TaskScheduler.java 'assignTasks()' is an
abstract method and i couldn't find its implemenation in any file of mumak
java or Hadoop mapreduce java files.
TaskScheduler.java L84: public abstract List<Task> assignTasks(TaskTracker
taskTracker)  throws IOException;
Also i find that there is no SimulatorTaskScheduler in Mumak.

Q> how and where is mumak assigning tasks to a particular tasktracker and
where can i change it ?

Thanks,
Arun