From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: JobTracker API Hooks
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:20:05 GMT
Moving it to mapreduce-user.

Ronnie,
Is jobclient.getalljobs() something that you are looking for?

thanks
mahadev

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Ronnie Dove <ronnie@oceansync.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to connect to an already running JobTracker via socket through the Hadoop
Java API?  I see that there is a startTracker method but nothing to establish a connection/hook
into a currently running JobTracker, that might of been launched prior to an application connecting.
 I know that I can use JobClient to assist with tracking jobs that I submit through my application
but I was interested in monitoring all job statuses that were launched by other applications
or users that launch jobs independently through the Hadoop command line.