From Jiamin Lu <jiamin....@googlemail.com>
Subject How many real cores in large type instances on EC2 ?
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:40:29 GMT
Hi, all

I am using the Amazon EC2, with their large instances.
Amazon claims these large type instances have 4 EC2 Compute units (2
virtual cores with 2 EC2 Compute Units each).
But according to my observation, it seems like they only have two cores.

I checked the /proc/cpuinfo, which shows there are only two processors,
I also used the *top* command, and it also says only two cpu there.

Can someone tell me actually how many cores are contained inside these
large instances?
Did I misunderstand these terms that Amazon talks about ??

Thanks

Jiamin Lu