From bejoy.had...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Customized TextInputFormat
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:33:14 GMT
Hi Riadh
        I'm not sure on the customization to achieve that goal, but it should be possible.
But if your requirement is to output the same line n number of times as the map output, you
don't need to go that way. Just call the outputCollector.collect() or context.write() within
a loop in your map method. If you could post in your requirement then may be we can help you
better.

Regards
Bejoy K S

-----Original Message-----
From: Mohamed Riadh Trad <Mohamed.trad@inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 18:20:26
To: <mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Customized TextInputFormat

Hi All,

Is possible to customize the TextInputFormat in a way that it return the same line n times
but with different keys, as for example it returns the same line but with different start
positions?

Bests,

Trad Mohamed Riadh, M.Sc, Ing.
PhD. student
INRIA-TELECOM PARISTECH - ENPC School of International Management

Office: 11-15
Phone: (33)-1 39 63 59 33
Fax: (33)-1 39 63 56 74
Email: riadh.trad@inria.fr