From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: #number of mappers
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 03:45:47 GMT
Keren,

What was your configured property at the TaskTrackers? The right property is mapred.tasktracker.{map,reduce}.tasks.maximum,
and applies to each TaskTracker individually (so all your TT mapred-site.xml need to carry
that property to limit their slots).

On 25-Nov-2011, at 8:45 AM, Keren Ouaknine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I configured mapred-site.xml with one mapper, still the web ui shows:
> Map shows capacity 40 = 2 x #machines. I was expecting it to be 20.
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Keren
>

> Running Map Tasks	Running Reduce Tasks	Total Submissions	Nodes	Occupied Map Slots	Occupied
Reduce Slots	Reserved Map Slots	Reserved Reduce Slots	Map Task Capacity	Reduce Task Capacity
Avg. Tasks/Node	Blacklisted Nodes	Graylisted Nodes	Excluded Nodes