From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Dropping 0.20.203 capacity scheduler into 0.20.2
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:01:06 GMT
Sorry. This mostly won't work... we have significant changes in the interface between the JobTracker
and schedulers (FS/CS) b/w 20.2 and 20.203 (performance, better limits etc.).

Your best bet might be to provision Hadoop yourself on EC2 with 0.20.203+.

Good luck!

Arun

On Oct 26, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Kai Ju Liu wrote:

> Hi. I'm currently running a Hadoop cluster on Amazon's EMR service, which appears to
be the 0.20.2 codebase plus several patches from the (deprecated?) 0.20.3 branch. I'm interested
in switching from using the fair scheduler to the capacity scheduler, but I'm also interested
in the user-limit-factor configuration parameter introduced in 0.20.203. This parameter is
not available in the EMR-supplied capacity scheduler jar, so I was wondering if it's possible
and safe to drop the 0.20.203 capacity scheduler jar into my Hadoop library path.