From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Submitting a Hadoop task from withing a reducer
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:28:57 GMT
Yes. The reason I pointed it to him was that it seems like he's trying
to do something with Hadoop for which MapReduce may not be right
execution model. Yarn/MRv2 gives you the ability to try other
execution models. As you pointed out, it may require some extra
development, but it is more flexible than straight MapReduce and
probably a better option in the long run over submitting jobs from
inside of jobs.

-Joey

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM, GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)
<matthew.goeke@monsanto.com> wrote:
> Joey,
>
> Is yarn just a synonym for MRv2? And if so he would still have to create a custom application
master for his job type right?

> Matt

to be received only by persons entitled
> to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately. Please delete it and
> all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail
by you is strictly prohibited.

> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and
archival by Monsanto, including its
> subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the
presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
> Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any such code transmitted by or accompanying
> this e-mail or any attachment.
>

> The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and
regulations of the United States, potentially
> including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions
regulations issued by the U.S. Department of
> Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information
you are obligated to comply with all

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.