From Kai Ju Liu <ka...@tellapart.com>
Subject Dropping 0.20.203 capacity scheduler into 0.20.2
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:55:21 GMT
Hi. I'm currently running a Hadoop cluster on Amazon's EMR service, which
appears to be the 0.20.2 codebase plus several patches from the
(deprecated?) 0.20.3 branch. I'm interested in switching from using the fair
scheduler to the capacity scheduler, but I'm also interested in the
user-limit-factor configuration parameter introduced in 0.20.203. This
parameter is not available in the EMR-supplied capacity scheduler jar, so I
was wondering if it's possible and safe to drop the 0.20.203 capacity
scheduler jar into my Hadoop library path.

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

Kai Ju