From Henning Blohm <henning.bl...@zfabrik.de>
Subject hanging map reduce processes
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:58:22 GMT
Hi,

found that several people have run into this issue, but I was not able
to find a solution yet.

We have reduce tasks that leave a hanging "child" process. The
implementation uses a lot of third party stuff and leave Timer threads
running (as you can readily see in thread dumps). Which is bad style -
no doubt. But eventually we don't really care - when the reduce is done,
its done and the process should be really just killed rather than
hanging around and eventually impacting the cluster.

Is there a way to force killing of child processes, e.g. based on job
configuration?

Thanks,
   Henning