From "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.go...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: How to pull data in the Map/Reduce functions?
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 02:51:02 GMT
A quick google search for "mapreduce new api" came up with a link for http://wisdombase.net/wiki/index.php?title=Upgrading_to_the_new_2.0_mapreduce_API.
After quickly reviewing it I would say this is a decent reference that you can follow. There
are definitely some better ones out there but this is just to help you get started.

Matt

From: Praveen Sripati [mailto:praveensripati@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:57 AM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to pull data in the Map/Reduce functions?

Matt,

Neither of the books have much information about the new MR API. I was reading the 'Hadoop
- The Definitive Guide' and came across a single pager on new API. I wanted to try the new
MR, but could not find much information neither in the book nor on the internet.

Thanks,
Praveen
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 8:20 PM, GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000) <matthew.goeke@monsanto.com<mailto:matthew.goeke@monsanto.com>>