From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding the MapReduce tutorial
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:32:17 GMT
Disregard the deprecation of the 'old' API and continue to use it if
you are on 0.20.x. The new API isn't that good to use in that yet, and
the deprecation was undone and the old API was remarked 'Stable' (but
seemingly hasn't made it to a release yet).

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1734

--
Harsh J