From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Error calling config method in Mapper
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:52:50 GMT
Shreya,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 5:37 PM, <Shreya.Pal@cognizant.com> wrote:
> I used @override does not seem to work.

Its just to guarantee that you're actually overriding things. Its a
good practice, not a trouble fixer at all times :)

> Configure is not getting called as I populate some collections there that are used later
in the mapper and I am getting those collections as blank in the mapper.

FWIW, here's my results of your snippet, and it apparently looks like
configure() is called just fine:
https://gist.github.com/bae64045e55377089afd. I think the trouble is
with your code, on how you're trying to load the distributed cache
elements out and back in. My guess is that you haven't initialized
some of the variables you may be .equals()-ing against and thereby
they're being treated as nulls?

Its definitely not a Hadoop-side issue afaict.

--
Harsh J