From Dolan Antenucci <antenucc...@gmail.com>
Subject Config setting for staging.dir?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 18:38:26 GMT
Is there a way to change the staging directory in the config files?  Mine
currently goes to "/<tmp-folder>/staging".

I read someone else set mapreduce.jobtracker.staging.root.dir, but I have
had no luck with this (or slightly different versions of it) in my config
files.  I'm guessing this other user set it in their code?   How would I do
that if I run a command like, "hadoop jar
/usr/lib/hadoop/hadoop-*-examples.jar pi 2 100000"?  My preference though
would be to overwrite this setting in the config files so that every user
wouldn't have to specify it (i.e. assuming I don't let them use the temp
folder).

Thanks

-Dolan Antenucci