From Joris Poort <gpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Calling external code from within mapper
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 00:29:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm using a hadoop streaming with a python mapper and am trying to
execute an external code that has been imaged onto the worker nodes.
What is the best way to accomplish this?

I've tried to use the same commands that I can run when I ssh into the
node, but unfortunately this doesn't work.  I'm assuming that its
because the external code isn't loaded into the hdfs.  Since its a
large installation and its already imaged onto the nodes - is there
any way to call the external code from within my mapper?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Joris