From Joris Poort <gpo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Execution directory for child process within mapper
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:55:58 GMT
Hi Devaraj,

Thanks for your help - that makes sense.  Is there any way to copy the
local files needed for execution to the mapred.local.dir?
Unfortunately I'm running a local code which I cannot edit - and this
code is the one which assumes these files are available in the same
directory.

Thanks!

Joris

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Devaraj k <devaraj.k@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi Joris,
>
> You cannot configure the work directory directly. You can configure the local directory
with property 'mapred.local.dir', and it will be used further to create the work directory
like '${mapred.local.dir}/taskTracker/jobcache/$jobid/$taskid/work'. Based on this, you can
relatively refer your local command to execute.