From Arko Provo Mukherjee <arkoprovomukher...@gmail.com>
Subject Reducers without output files
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 03:26:17 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I have a small issue with my Reducer that I am trying to figure out
and wanted some advice.

In the reducer, when writing to the output file as declared in
FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath() I want to write only the key and not
the value when I am calling output.collect().

Is there a way I can ignore the key part?

Else,

Can I write a Reducer function that doesn't do a output.collect()??

Say I omit the FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath() in the Driver Class.

I can then manually write the output to HDFS in the format I like.

Is this legal way to do stuff?

Many thanks in advance!
Warm Regards
Arko