From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: How do I set the intermediate output path when I use 2 mapreduce jobs?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:57:44 GMT
Jun Tan,

So you want to have the temp file on the local file system, not on HDFS?  That is not going
to work, because there are other parts of the code that assume that they can see the file
(i.e. The splitter) which it cannot if it is only on the local file system of a remote host.
 It has to be stored in HDFS, or some other globally viewable file system.

--Bobby Evans