From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Using HADOOP for Processing Videos
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:01:45 GMT
Another thing to think about is that you may not need to split the videos at all.  If you have
lots of video files instead of a few big ones, and each can more or less be processed independently
then you can use something like nline input format, not nline itself necessarily but something
like it, to process each video separately.  You would have to write the code to read in the
video file, but there are APIs to do that, like OpenCV.  This is what I did in the past to
train and score machine learned classifiers on image and video files using Hadoop.

--Bobby Evans