From Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <amar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Perl Mapper with Java Reducer
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:22:51 GMT
You can look at Hadoop streaming http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.0/streaming.html

Thanks
Amareshwari

On 9/7/11 1:38 PM, "Bejoy KS" <bejoy.hadoop@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
       Is it possible to have my mapper in Perl and reducer in java. In my existing legacy
system some larger process is being handled by Perl and the business logic of those are really
complex. It is a herculean task to convert all the Perl  to java. But the reducer business
logic which is again pretty complex is handled by the existing system in JAVA. Now I need
to design map reduce reusing the existing code.  Has anyone already implemented some use cases
in the same direction? If so please share the details.

Thank You

Regards
Bejoy.K.S