From 谭军 <tanjun_2...@163.com>
Subject Re:Re: How do I set the intermediate output path when I use 2 mapreduce jobs?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:57:26 GMT
Swathi.V.,
ControlledJob cannot be resolved in my eclipse.
My hadoop version is 0.20.2
ControlledJob can only be resolved in hadoop 0.21.0 (+)?
Or I need some certain plugins?
Thanks

--

Regards!

Jun Tan

At 2011-09-22 00:56:54,"Swathi V" <swathiv@zinniasystems.com> wrote:

Hi,

This code might help you
//JobDependancies.java snippet

   Job job1 = new Job(conf, "job1");
   job1.setJarByClass(JobDependancies.class);
   job1.setMapperClass(WordMapper.class);
   job1.setReducerClass(WordReducer.class);
   job1.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
   job1.setOutputValueClass(IntWritable.class);
   FileInputFormat.addInputPath(job1, new Path(args[0]));
   String out=args[1]+System.nanoTime();
   FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job1, new Path(out));

   Configuration conf2 = new Configuration();
   Job job2  = new Job(conf2, "job2");
   job2.setJarByClass(JobDependancies.class);
   job2.setOutputKeyClass(IntWritable.class);
   job2.setOutputValueClass(Text.class);
   job2.setMapperClass(SortWordMapper.class);
   job2.setReducerClass(Reducer.class);
   FileInputFormat.addInputPath(job2, new Path(out+"/part-r-00000"));
   FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(job2, new Path(args[1]));

   ControlledJob controlledJob1 = new ControlledJob(job1.getConfiguration());
   ControlledJob controlledJob2 = new ControlledJob(job2.getConfiguration());
   controlledJob2.addDependingJob(controlledJob1);
   JobControl jobControl= new JobControl("control");

   jobControl.addJob(controlledJob1);
   jobControl.addJob(controlledJob2);

   Thread thread = new Thread(jobControl);
   thread.start();
   while(!jobControl.allFinished())
   {
   try {
   Thread.sleep(10000);
   } catch (InterruptedException e) {
   // TODO Auto-generated catch block
   e.printStackTrace();
   }
   }
   jobControl.stop();
   }
}

wordcount output => job1 is given to sort=> job2
Irrespective of mappers and reducers, above mentioned is the way to handle many jobs.