From "Rajen Bhatt (RBEI/EST1)" <Rajen.Bh...@in.bosch.com>
Subject RE: Using HADOOP for Processing Videos
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 04:12:22 GMT
Dear Bobby:
Thanks for your reply.
My problem is that I have just one file, which is very large typically in terabytes or petabytes
and then I want to split them, feed to mappers, and process on worker nodes. Is some example
class is available with somebody, it shall help the student.
Thanks and Regards,

~~
Dr. Rajen Bhatt
(Corporate Research @ Robert Bosch, India)
Off: +91-80-4191-6699
Mob: +91-9901241005
[cid:image001.jpg@01CC7842.C3204B70]

From: Robert Evans [mailto:evans@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 20. September 2011 11:32 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using HADOOP for Processing Videos

Another thing to think about is that you may not need to split the videos at all.  If you
have lots of video files instead of a few big ones, and each can more or less be processed
independently then you can use something like nline input format, not nline itself necessarily
but something like it, to process each video separately.  You would have to write the code
to read in the video file, but there are APIs to do that, like OpenCV.  This is what I did
in the past to train and score machine learned classifiers on image and video files using
Hadoop.

--Bobby Evans