From <Shreya....@cognizant.com>
Subject Multiple files as input to a mapreduce job
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 06:24:17 GMT

HI,

The following is the scenario I have:

I have a java program that reads multiple files from the disk.

*         There are 3 files (A,B,C) that are read and populated into 3
collections (arraylist).

*         There are 2 files input1 and input2 that act as input to my
program.

*         I search a keyword in file input1 and find the ID
corresponding to the matching entries.

*         This ID is used in file input2 to fetch the entries
corresponding to it.

There has to be a join between input1 and input2

I want to convert it into a map reduce program, is that possible?

How can we read multiple input files in the mapper, can we read files
from the disk.

Please Advice.....

Regards,

Shreya

all copies of the original message.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
prohibited and may be unlawful.