From Arko Provo Mukherjee <arkoprovomukher...@gmail.com>
Subject Compiling programs with Hadoop 0.21.0
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:34:50 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to learn Hadoop and doing a project on it.

I need to update some files in my project and hence wanted to use version
0.21.0

However, I am confused as to how I can compile my programs on version 0.21.0
as it doesn't have any hadoop-core-0.21.0.jar file. What option should I
have to give in the -classpath option?
I can see three different JAR files namely hadoop-common-0.21.0.jar,
hadoop-hdfs-0.21.0.jar & hadoop-mapred-0.21.0.jar.

I am getting compilation errors which using the the common jar file.

Also I would like to learn the FileContext Library as the docs that I have
read says that it has a simpler interface than the FileSystem. However, I
cannot find any links to some example code which can help me to grasp the
API. Request you to kindly share any link / code snippet to demonstrate the
use of the new API.

Many thanks in advance for your kind response.

Warm regards
Arko