From Sudharsan Sampath <sudha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I define a datastructure that all Mappers share?
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:25:06 GMT
Hi,

To my knowledge, its not possible with plain map-reduce. But you can try
using a distributed cache on top of it. To quote a few try, hazelcast (if ur
prog lang is java) or gigaspace.

Just a note, why would you want to share date across mappers. It defeats the
basic assumption of map-reduce that mappers are independent work chunks.

-Sudhan S