From 谭军 <tanjun_2...@163.com>
Subject Re:RE: Can I use the cores of each CPU to be the datanodes instead of CPU?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:19:13 GMT
Hi Subroto,
I'm sorry for my poor English.

Are you thinking about CPU core to Hadoop process mapping?
Maybe this is the issue.

2 computers with 2 CPUs.
Each CPU has 2 cores.
Now I have 2 physical datanodes.
Can I get 4 physical datanodes?
I don't know wether I make my point clear?

--

Regards!

Jun Tan

在 2011-08-08 17:05:31,"Subroto Sanyal" <subrotosanyal@huawei.com> 写道:

Hi Jun,

Sorry, I didn’t get your question properly….. L

Are you thinking in terms of Virtual Machines running on same physical server?

Are you thinking about CPU core to Hadoop process mapping?

As per my understanding, Hadoop doesn’t have intelligence of different cores (ideally application
should be independent of hardware details)

It is possible to run multiple instance of DataNode in same physical server, provide the configurations
are different for each DataNode process.

Regards,
Subroto Sanyal