From Varad Meru <meru.va...@gmail.com>
Subject API Conflicts for Join Methods
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 02:07:19 GMT
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Recently I was working with the CompositeInputFormat for MapSide Join and then tried
MultipleInputs for ReduceSide join. The problem I found out was that both of these methods
needed you to use JobConf class (@deprecated) and the implementation hasnt been provided in
the 0.20.203 version too. When we use 0.21 version we get these methods as a part of mapreduce.lib.join
and mapreduce.input respectively.

>> But as 0.21 is unstable, and thus not advisable to use for large applications just
right now, I dont have any way to use these two methods with the current version 0.20.203.

>> Please Let me know if there is anything that can be done without changing the Hadoop
version (0.20.203) I am currently using