From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop online upgrade
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:05:14 GMT
Be aware that this also only works if the namenode/Job tracker does not need to be upgraded.
 If it does then you have to have downtime to restart them.

We are working on getting rolling upgrades in the code but there are a number of large prerequisites
to really make it work, so it is not likely to happen for a few more releases.

--Bobby