From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Cluster Node addition
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 05:58:29 GMT
Paul,

You can inspect the data used by your new nodes after the balancer
operation runs. "hadoop dfsadmin -report" should tell you detailed
stats about each of the DNs, or look at /fsck

(Note: by default, the balancer operation may be bandwidth limited,
for performance reasons and may take a while to happen -- although
this is configurable)

--
Harsh J