From Narayanan K <knarayana...@gmail.com>
Subject [Doubt]: Submission of Mapreduce from outside Hadoop Cluster
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 05:58:22 GMT
Hi all,

We are basically working on a research project and I require some help
regarding this.

I had a few basic doubts regarding submission of Map-Reduce jobs in Hadoop.

   1. How do I submit a mapreduce job from outside the cluster i.e from a
   different machine outside the Hadoop cluster?
   2. If the above can be done, How can I schedule map reduce jobs to run in
   hadoop like crontab from a different machine?
   3. Are there any webservice APIs that I can leverage to access a hadoop
   cluster from outside and submit jobs or read/write data from HDFS.

Many Thanks,

Narayanan