From John Armstrong <john.armstr...@ccri.com>
Subject Adding files to map/reduce classpath
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:28:46 GMT
I'm back to trying to add libraries to the classpath instead of handing
around a fat JAR.  This time I've served up my directory full of JARs on
NFS, which each node in my cluster has mounted at /mnt/hadoop-libs.  Now my
question is how to add that (local) directory to the classpath of the
mapper and reducer tasks.  I've tried adding "-classpath
/mnt/hadoop-libs/*" to mapred.map.child.java.opts, but it doesn't seem to
work; the actual classpath I can see being called is just the local
/usr/lib/hadoop/lib stuff as usual.