From "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.go...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: tasktracker maximum map tasks for a certain job
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:44:13 GMT
Off the wall thought but it might be possible to do this through rolling your own load manager
using the fair scheduler. I know this is how people have setup custom job distributions based
on current cluster utilization.

Matt

From: Jonathan Zukerman [mailto:zukermanjonathan@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:17 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: tasktracker maximum map tasks for a certain job

That is a bit problematic because I have other jobs running at the same time, most of them
don't care about the number of map tasks per tasktracker.
Is there a way to implement this in in my job project? What is the best way to do it?
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Joey Echeverria <joey@cloudera.com<mailto:joey@cloudera.com>>