From "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.go...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: controlling no. of mapper tasks
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:35:59 GMT

HTH,
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: praveen.peddi@nokia.com [mailto:praveen.peddi@nokia.com]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2011 3:13 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: controlling no. of mapper tasks

Hi David,
Thanks for the response. I didn't specify anything for no. of concurrent mappers but I do
see that it shows as 10 on 50030 (for 5 node cluster). So I believe hadoop is defaulting to
no. of cores in the cluster which is 10. That is why I want to choose the map tasks also same
as no. of cores so that they match with max concurrent map tasks.

Praveen