From Trevor Adams <trevorad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to insure that different jobs have the same number of reducers
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:11:43 GMT
Exact same bucket is possible, exact same machine (if that is what you had
in mind) probably not. The partitioner breaks the data up for the reducers,
so if they map to the same partition they will be done by the same reducer.
If you can partition the data such that the output of one reducer partitions
to 1 bucket and is not split then you can get all the data going to one
reducer. Doing it this way means there needs to be some transient property
that carries over from the step 1 reducer and through the step 2 mapper.
Most cases, I would assume, do not have that property.

-Trevor