From Felix Sprick <fspr...@gmail.com>
Subject concurrent job execution
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:11:18 GMT
Hi,

We are running MapReduce on Hbase tables and are trying to implement a
scenario with MapReduce where tasks are submitted from a GUI application.
This means that several users (currently 5-10) may use the system in
parallel. We noticed that the jobs are executed sequentially, which doesnt
really fit our use-cases. I was wondering if there are any configuration
changes we can do to the system to allow several jobs to be executed
concurrently. Our setup has 1 master and 4 slaves with each slave running a
TaskTracker and RegionServer.

Any help or hints are much appreciated.

thanks,
Felix