From Mapred Learn <mapred.le...@gmail.com>
Subject hadoos -lsr does not show right status
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:38:38 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to do a copyFromLocal to HDFS. But when I do fs -lsr, I always
see something like:

bash-3.2$ hadoop fs -lsr /user/cloudera/input1
-rw-r--r--   3 cloudera supergroup          0 2011-06-16 23:30
/user/cloudera/input1/out_0.seq
I run above every few seconds and still same output. Seeing this output, I
think the command is stuck and do ctrl C. After this, I see real size as:

bash-3.2$ hadoop fs -lsr /user/cloudera/input1
-rw-r--r--   3 cloudera supergroup    1234566 2011-06-16 23:30
/user/cloudera/input1/out_0.seq

Why does not it update the file size to the size uploaded instead of 0 when
you run fs -lsr ? This is misleading and leads people to think that nothing
is going where it is actually uploading the data on background and user
might just press ctrl C when upload is about to finish.

Thanks,
-JJ