From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How many bytes does heart beat message and return value contain?
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 04:52:18 GMT
Shen,

Perhaps you could write some tests in Java to measure object sizes; or
you can run a profiler and measure it live (VisualVM lets you profile
with visuals)?

As Arun mentioned, it is really tough to say since every heartbeat
would carry variable sizes (I'd just provided empty-ish values)
depending on each of the Task's current, reported status and the
commands being issued back. But I believe you could form a formula of
sorts with careful-enough study.

--
Harsh J